Monday, June 29, 2009

May I Introduce...

I am tragically behind on my blogging. Unfortunately, I have managed to acquire a cold in the middle of the summer. (What???) Yes. I have no idea how it happened, except that I've been running like a mad woman for weeks, and I work in an office that is probably 60 degrees while it's close to 100 outside. But anyway. Beginning to finally feel human again today! Woohoo!

I have a few blogs in the works, but today I would like to introduce you to Uncommon Weddings founding clients:

Bethany and Jeff

Bethany is a friend of a friend, and she and Jeff have graciously allowed me to blog about the planning of their wedding. There's so much that goes into planning a wedding, that many couples don't even realize what they are getting themselves into. That is why it is not uncommon for a couple to call a wedding planner in halfway (or less) through the process. Hopefully by blogging the process of their wedding over the next 11 months, people will be able to see what really goes into planning a wedding.

Bethany, Jeff, and I just had our second monthly wedding planning meeting, and we are all so excited about some of the elements of the wedding that are coming together.

First of all: Theme

Jeff and Beth are both very casual, down to earth kind of people, so we agreed that "casual rustic elegance" was probably the best way to describe the feel they were going for. Something like this.

Photobucket

Sources: 1 and 5, 2 and 4, 3

These two are an awesome couple and totally looking to shake things up when it comes to their wedding. One of the first ideas they were sold in was having a s'mores bar. Candy bars are one of the big trends in the wedding industry right now, but unfortunately are becoming a little over done.

Photobucket

So we decided that since they were having a back yard cookout and would have access to a large grill, that a s'mores bar would be even better! I started pulling images so that they could get a feel for what I was envisioning. Something kind of like this.

Photobucket

Sources: 1, 2, 3

And here's a wonderful one by Lindsey Nartker Designs

Photobucket

I'm thinking of including on the bar: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, mint chocolate, raspberry chocolate, regular marshmallows, coconut marshmallows, regular graham crackers, chocolate graham crackers, cinnamon graham crackers, nutella, peanut butter, and any other great ideas we come across between now and then.

When it comes to presentation, I'm thinking orange crates, wooden boxes, antique-y jars, and possibly these berry pint crates.

Photobucket

And at only fifty cents each, they are a wonderful, budget friendly option for presenting items at a rustic chic event. So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment